Traditional farmhouse cider is still, not sparkling, and is often called Scrumpy. Scrumpy was originally a blend of all the apples grown on a farm, thrown in together, and was often used to pay farm workers. The better scrumpy makers got the better workers, and so began craft cider making.
Modern tastes meant cider was often carbonated at bottling. However, a few skilled craft cider makers still bottle some great still craft ciders, and here we have 6 of the best for you. This is similar to “draught” ciders in bag in boxes, but is pasteurised and keeps much longer and more easily.
Our Farmhouse Still Craft Cider collection showcases some of the best traditional British cider makers, and their traditional products, and is more Medium than Dry!
- Our still cider collection is naturally still, made the traditional way of hundreds of years, and is simply not carbonated at bottling
- This gives you a more distinct flavour – more appley, tannic and complex.
- Best served at room temperature for maximum flavour, as chilling dulls some of the more complex flavours. Its fine to chill too, but don’t overdo it, and don’t add ice!
- Drink like a red wine, with meats, cheeses, pork dishes, curries and strongly flavoured dishes
- Supplied as 6 different Farmhouse still ciders (12 bottle case has 2 of each) in 500ml (0.86 pint) bottles. Gluten free. Vegan friendly.