Proper craft perry is a unique drink in it’s own right, and not to be confused with pear cider or cider with pear juice added. Made from traditional perry pear trees, pressed fresh, perry is made just like craft cider by simply fermenting the pear juice only.
Traditionally it was thought that the best perry was made form pear trees grown within sight of May Hill, on the Herefordshire and Gloucestershire borders. Our collection includes several crackers from that very area, plus a couple of the best from leading craft producers.
With a distinctly sweeter flavour than craft cider, but still with some tannic and bittersweet tones. Perry is best drunk chilled, savoured on its own, or with cheeses and cold meats. Perry is often misunderstood, and hard to get hold of – so we’ve made the job easy for you, just try some!
- Perry is an old-fashioned natural drink, made only from the juice of special pear trees, but which is simply delicious
- Not to be confused with modern pear-flavoured ciders, it is a special craft drink all of its own
- A light, refreshing and very fruit-packed flavour, yet with subtle, tannic and bittersweet tones, it is rich, complex and mellow
- Works best chilled, but not too cold, on its own or with cheese or cold meats
- Supplied as a collection of 6 varieties (12 bottle case has 2 of each). ABV 5%. Gluten free and vegan friendly.